Monday, August 2, 2010

Evening Walk Solitude FFFC #47

I have finished a piece for the FFFC group. The challenge was 'out on a limb' Well I got the trees, but I didn't really go out on a limb, most the techniques I used are ones I've done before. The only thing new would be the painted background.  The trees and birds are all free hand cut, no pre-drawing.
I had fun with this piece, did both hand and machine stitching on it. The woman was drawn on pink fabric, she looks very much like one of my nieces.
It feels good to be creative, I've had a summer of enjoying the outdoors and not doing much in the studio. Ah well our summers are so short we must enjoy every bit of it.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Judy Ferguson said...

You have a very unique style of abstract realism. I am sure you know this, but I just thought I would mention it. Lovely idea.

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

This one is very nice, and again, congratulations on adding a realistic portrait to the scene!

Micki said...

What a beautiful piece...It is really lovely!
Micki