Sunday, January 3, 2016

Allietare! reveal .

What a surprise to get the last clue and reveal so soon. I was sure we had a few more clues for the MQ.  If you missed out on this MQ, click the button "Allietare!" on the left for all of the clues.

I was worried that my burgundies were not bright enough ( but they reminded me of wine/grapes) also that my grey was too dark...all my worry was for naught, I am thrilled with my colors and am in love with this design. Bonnie is a wonderful designer, this has to be my favorite so far.
Here it was a few days ago: I sewed like mad to make the corners and a few blocks.



Than had to take a break to get my house back to normal after the holidays.
 I settled in this morning and finished making the blocks, you might say I had a sew a thon!The middle is finished , no borders yet. 
I am in love.  Very glad that I stuck with Bonnie's color theme, it really does say Italy and I see music notes quilted on it in the very near future. 
To view what others have done with Allietare! visit Bonnie's Link up Monday


I have been working on some UFO's....and I have quite a few. 
I was working on this charity quilt when the last clue came out, I did finish quilting but it is still on the frame. Will take it off tomorrow and add binding. 

And than get the borders on Allietare! 
I look forward to viewing all my new friends blogs, there are so many different colorways being used. 
Happy New Year!



11 comments:

Margaret said...

Your "Allietere" is beautiful, Rhoda! Well done!!

Vireya said...

It is beautiful! Well done getting the top assembled already.

Ariane said...

Your mystery quilt is gorgeous!! I love how it's turning out!! I just started mine. This pattern is amazing right! Thanks for sharing!!

Denise said...

Beautiful Allietare!!

gayle said...

It's so beautiful! And wow on getting it together so fast! 8)

Andee said...

Your fabrics and Bonnie's colors look great! Nice job!

Unknown said...

I am impressed that you got the top done- I am hopping to have my smaller version top done by the end of next week. I am going away in my trailer to the mountains to sew Thurs/Friday but am working on finishing the BOM blocks that i am teaching at Paradise Sewing. So many blocks sew little time! Love yours!

Feathers in my Nest said...

Wonderful! Love it!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I love it!! And you are SO far along!! You fast stitcher you!!! Great job!

Kate said...

Beautifully done! I really like the burgundy you used. You did so well at keeping up and having a finish at the end.

fiberchick said...

Beautiful!!!